Submission Guidelines Afrileaf
Afrileaf will consider submissions of original pieces on timely topics. Pieces submitted should be in the range of 400-800 words. In order to submit, authors must agree to the following guidelines:
- The article has not been previously published and you are submitting it for potential publication on Afrileaf exclusively. You understand that any other use of the article, if published, would have to be approved by Afrileaf. (You may post the first 150 words of the article on a personal or business website or blog with a required live link back to the article on Afrileaf)
- You will disclose before publication any conflicts that could arise, including any financial interests you may have that are related to the topic being written about. These will be disclosed as appropriate on the site to ensure transparency to users.
- Afrileaf is solely responsible for deciding whether to publish the article.
- Articles are subject to revisions, editing and fact-checking.
- You will provide a brief bio and a color photo by email and grant Afrileaf the non-exclusive right to use the photo to accompany the article or reporting about the article in all media worldwide in perpetuity. Please indicate who should be credited for the photo.
- You may only submit an article that you have authored. Articles must not defame, infringe or violate the rights of others.
- You will provide sources for factual statements in the article to expedite fact- checking.
- You grant Afrileaf the exclusive perpetual, worldwide license, but not the obligation, to use, edit, telecast, rerun, reproduce, translate, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit the article, or any portion of it, in all media whether now known or hereafter developed. If Afrileaf fails to notify you within seven (7) business days after you submit your article that it intends to publish it, this license shall terminate.
- At its discretion, Afrileaf may link to an appropriate website when it publishes the article – for example, a publisher’s page for a book.